Thank you for your purchase of a reusable face mask from MAKE on Granville Island. For every mask purchased, MAKE is donating one to KidSafe.
The KidSafe Project Society is a registered Canadian charity based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Kidsafe was founded in 1993 by a group of concerned citizens, The Vancouver Sun newspaper and public school teachers in response to a local tragedy that saw a young child assaulted and abandoned when left home alone during school break. The community galvanized into action forming KidSafe, with the mission to provide nurturing safe havens for vulnerable inner-city children when schools are traditionally closed.
What began as a small winter break program at two schools has since grown into an organization that provides essential programs and services to over 450 referred Vancouver children and youth each year.
- Please wash your mask before use. While we have procedures in place to prevent excess handling of these masks, we recommend that you wash these masks before using them.
- Masks should be routinely washed in a washing machine depending on the frequency of use and can be hung to dry.
- Filters should be replaced after 48-72 hours of use.
- Filters are not reusable and should be disposed of in the garbage.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Individuals should be careful not to touch their eyes, nose, and mouth when putting on or removing their face covering.
- Hand washing is recommended before and after handling the mask
- These masks are for non-medical personal use only. Wearing a mask should be combined with other preventative measures such as frequent hand washing and physical distancing.
- Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
HOW TO USE THE ADJUSTABLE BEADS
If the ear bands are too long, feed the elastic into the hole in the adjustment bead. Pull the elastic through the other end. You may find it easier to use a clean pair of tweezers to pull the elastic through and then adjust to fit. Don’t forget to remove them before placing the mask in the washing machine. The beads can be washed by hand in warm soapy water.
CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO SEE THE GROWING FACE MASK COLLECTION!