MAKE is currently hiring
We're always looking to grow our awesome team. If you're enthusiastic, hard-working, organized and reliable, feel free to email us
your resume and cover letter. Come back soon to check for new opportunities.
MAKE Vancouver ( www.makevancouver.com) is an adventure in creativity! We are Vancouver's source for creative embroidery, garment printing, laser engraving, and fun merchandise! At MAKE, we celebrate creativity and we love great design. Our customers, clients, and team are inspired by our one-of-a-kind, hand-made, quirky, fun collections and creations.
Job Description: Receiver
MAKE is seeking a part-time Receiver for our Granville Island store, focusing on product receiving and inventory management. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with an outgoing and engaging personality— contributing to a positive, fun, and creative work environment.
- Accurately receive, document, and enter all incoming inventory shipments and purchase orders — addressing and communicating any discrepancies that may arise with urgency.
- Keep the receiving and back-stock area clean and well organized.
- Communicate efficiently with Buyer(s), Store Management and between multiple departments regarding weekly priorities, updates and plans.
- Organize receiving paperwork for weekly submission to the Buyer.
- Stock the retail floor when necessary.
- Knowledge of e-commerce platforms is a plus.
- Handle packing and receiving transfers of products between MAKE locations.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- This position is fairly active and requires standing, climbing stairs, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 40 pound
- 1+ years of stock receiving experience in a retail setting (training provided for the right candidate).
- Organized and detail-oriented with a dedicated work ethic.
- Proven success in efficiency and accuracy within a retail or admin setting.
- Enjoy working with people in a fun team environment, motivated to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Experience with Lightspeed and Shopify is an asset, but not required.
- Visual merchandising experience is an asset, but not required.
You are someone who:
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Keen attention to detail and highly organized.
- Excellent problem solving skills, and the ability to multitask.
- Accountable, and ready to be a team player
- Is technology savvy and interested in digital systems
What We Offer:
- $17.50-$18.50 per hour.
- Permanent, part-time position with 20-24 hours per week. (Hours may increase depending on our busy seasons)
- Day shifts: Monday to Friday, or weekends if needed.
How to Apply:
If you're excited about this opportunity, please email us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you'd be an awesome addition to the MAKE team. We look forward to meeting you!
MAKE is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including but not limited to race, ability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.